Working Together to Make Better Healthcare Choices
You are in control of your own health and the health of your family. This can be an enormous responsibility, especially since most adults do not have the medical knowledge to make informed decisions about health care. Our expert physicians—Carlos Barra, DPM and Maureen Ratchford, DPM—do have that in-depth medical knowledge when it comes to foot and ankle conditions. What they don’t have is a full understanding of your own needs, preferences, activities, and lifestyle.
To truly take care of your foot and ankle needs—and to get the best possible care—our Premier Podiatry Group, P.C. team educates you about your condition and all your available healing options. Then, we can work with you to determine the best path for treatment. That is also why we’ve created our website patient education library. We know you have questions and would like to know more about what may be bothering your feet. We’ve compiled an archive of informational, easy-to-read articles explaining many lower limb issues to meet that need.
Learn More: Live Healthier and Pain Free
Our Conditions library contains a wide variety of articles about both common and less-than-common foot and ankle issues. We also compile Frequently Asked Questions to answer concerns people ask us about. Our hope is that this helps you to educate yourself so you are able to make informed decisions about your own foot care and the feet of the people you care about. Our patient library includes information about:
- Heel pain – From plantar fasciitis and heel spurs to Achilles tendinitis and Haglund’s deformity, we discuss the many possible causes for discomfort in your heels.
- Toe issues – Hammertoes, claw toes, mallet toes, and more can make your digits hurt and your feet uncomfortable to use.
- Nerve problems – Morton’s neuroma is just one of many possible nerve problems in your feet. Watch out for other pinched nerve problems and neuropathy.
- Forefoot pain – This is a broad category that could include deformities like bunions, as well as more general ball of the foot pain, like metatarsalgia, stress fractures, and more.
- Skin and nail damage – Your skin and toenails need love, too. Athlete’s foot, blisters, calluses, and corns can leave your feet both painful and unsightly. Ingrown toenails and fungal nails are both uncomfortable and unpleasant to look at.
- Sports injuries – Sports are wonderful in many ways, but they do risk some pretty serious injuries. Sprains, fractures, and more threaten your ability to enjoy physical activities.
- Diabetic foot issues – Diabetes is a serious systemic condition that can cause fairly significant damage to your feet if it’s not under control. Responsible foot care habits, though, can help you avoid issues like ulcers and worse.
There are many more possible lower limb problems. We believe educating you helps us work together as a team to address your concerns and needs. We are more than happy to answer your questions and make sure you get the best possible care. Contact our Ebensburg, PA, office for an appointment today. Just call (814) 472-2660 or use our online contact form.
© Premier Podiatry Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Web Design by CP Solutions. | Marketed by VMD Services.