For many different foot and ankle conditions, surgery is considered the last option. However, we will always pursue every available non-surgical remedy to your problem first. However, when cases do need a more aggressive approach, we are here to walk you through the whole process.
Here, our professional surgeons provide the best care possible for a large range of foot and ankle conditions. Our doctors are board-certified and ready to help you whenever you are ready to book an appointment.
Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques
When possible, our doctors may recommend minimally invasive surgical techniques. With this type of surgery, only small incisions are made. Advantages of this surgery include:
- Lower cost in most cases
- Less post-surgical pain
- Faster recovery
- Less scarring
- No hospitalization
- Less scarring
- Lower risk of complications
Reconstructive Foot Surgery
When non-surgical techniques such as orthotics or shoe modifications cannot accommodate or alleviate discomfort, reconstructive surgery may be the best choice for you. Examples include:
- Bunion correction. Surgery may be necessary if the bunion is causing daily pain or interfering with activity, and conservative treatments are no longer sufficient.
- HyProCure surgery. This is a minimally invasive and fully reversible procedure that can fix a common hindfoot misalignment often responsible for a variety of foot problems, including flat feet and heel pain.
- Hammertoe correction. Hammertoes usually require surgery once the bent joint becomes too rigid to manipulate by hand.
- Flatfoot reconstruction. Severe flat feet may require surgical correction.
- Charcot foot reconstruction. Poor circulation and severe peripheral neuropathy (especially in combination with diabetes) can lead to repeated broken bones and the structure of the foot breaking down. Surgery is often required to save the foot.
- Bone fractures. In non-stable fractures (such as when there are multiple bone fragments, or the broken ends do not line up correctly), bones may need to be repositioned surgically to ensure that they heal correctly.
Ankle and Achilles Surgery
On some occasions, ankle injuries may need to be treated with surgery if all other options have been exhausted. Surgical procedures that we provide for this include:
- Fracture repair. As with the foot bones, we perform a variety of surgical procedures to repair, realign, and stabilize broken ankles of all types.
- Achilles tendon rupture repair. Although an Achilles tendon rupture can sometimes be treated conservatively, surgical repair is often preferred for patients who are younger, more active, and need a faster recovery.
- Achilles tendon debridement. This procedure may be necessary in cases of severe Achilles tendinitis, where the pain and activity impairment persist for more than six months despite conservative treatment.
- Ankle ligament reconstruction. This procedure may be required to treat a severe ankle sprain, or repair ligaments that have become weak, wobbly, and unstable after repeated sprains.
Always Putting Your Needs First
Here, our primary goal is to provide you with the absolute best and correct treatment for your foot or ankle condition. The path we take for your rehabilitation will adhere to your needs and lifestyle.
This means that we offer a large range of advanced nonsurgical treatments whenever it is possible. We will always give you the highest standard of surgical care when a more aggressive approach is required to complete your treatment. Rest assured, if surgery is considered, we will always inform you about your options to make sure you are confident and comfortable.
We will ensure that we do everything possible to fully prepare you for the procedure, the recovery, and even the rehabilitation process that comes afterward. You can always contact us if you have any concerns or questions concerning your recovery. If you are experiencing discomfort or pain in your feet and ankles, please get in touch with us straight away to allow us to evaluate your condition and discuss options.
© Premier Podiatry Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Web Design by CP Solutions. | Marketed by VMD Services.