The benefits of minimally-invasive procedures can include:
- Small incisions. Whereas open surgery requires large areas to be opened, these procedures capitalize on state-of-the-art equipment that doesn’t need as much room to allow our surgeons to get the job done.
- Less pain. Our goal is always to reduce pain for our patients and this is one of the best benefits to using these types of procedures.
- Low risk of infection. By reducing the amount of internal tissue exposed, the risk of infection drops significantly.
- Short hospital stays. In most cases, this is actually “no hospital stays,” but when hospitalization is needed, it is for a shorter time.
- Quick recovery time. With less tissue trauma than open surgery, the body simply needs less time to heal.
- Less scarring. Open surgeries require large cuts, which means high risk of scarred tissue. Minimally-invasive surgeries, on the other hand, rely on tiny incisions so you do not have major scars afterwards.
- Less anesthesia. This benefit can certainly be physical, but it can also help to keep costs down as well.
- Reduced post-operative complications. There are generally few complications that develop in response to these procedures, but especially when compared to those experienced following open surgery.