Foot Pain? MLS Laser Therapy Is a Fast, Safe, and Effective Choice
During the COVID-19 situation, we’ve all had to adjust to some major changes in how we live our lives. For many of us, life has taken a slower tempo, and many of the normal activities and routines that might fill a typical day or week (seeing friends, going to a restaurant, seeing a movie) have had to go on pause for a while.
Unfortunately, foot and ankle pain doesn’t always go on pause with the rest of life! And that can put you in even more of an uncomfortable situation, considering the circumstances.
One thing we want to make sure you understand is that pain is always an urgent problem. Waiting an indefinite period of time until things “clear up” is almost always a bad option, and usually leads to pain getting worse (and more chronic) over time.
And another thing you should understand: we can help, even at a time like this! Our office is open, and we can provide several advanced treatment options to help you get back to full speed quickly and safely. One big one is MLS laser therapy.
What Is MLS Laser Therapy?
Simply put, MLS laser therapy is a revolutionary treatment option that can significantly boost the natural tissue healing and regeneration processes already at work within your body—all without a single incision or chemical. Just light!
Because of the simple way it works, and the wide variety of healing processes that it stimulates (anti-inflammatory, improved blood flow, increased delivery of oxygen and nutrients to cells, reduced pain, etc.) laser therapy can be an effective treatment for a wide variety of painful foot and ankle conditions, including:
- Heel pain
- Other muscle, tendon, and ligament injuries
- Neuropathic pain
During your treatment session, we apply the laser to the painful area in a rhythmic manner. The light energy penetrates deep into the soft tissues to reach the damaged cells, giving a “jump start” to the healing process.
Acute injuries often require only a single application of the treatment, while chronic pain may do better after a short series of treatment sessions spread out over a longer timeframe. Either way, the results are cumulative, meaning you will continue to feel better and better after subsequent treatments.
Is Laser Therapy Safe During the Pandemic?
Yes! In fact, laser therapy is a great option for patients who need in-office treatments to help manage their pain during these strange times:
- It’s non-invasive and chemical free. There are no injections or incisions to be made, and it works only by stimulating natural cellular activity. The risk of side effects or complications from the treatment itself is essentially zero.
- It’s social distance friendly! The laser is administered by a single doctor or technician using a handheld piece, and requires no other direct physical contact. You’ll be relaxing comfortably on the exam seat, and we’ll be down by your feet—and wearing masks and gloves as well, of course!
- We’re keeping it clean and sterile. The laser system itself came with detailed instructions for cleaning and disinfecting the laser, handpiece, and all other exterior and interior surfaces. As with any other reusable medical tool we use, we make sure anything that could come into contact with a patient is fully sterilized before every use.
- You get in and out fast. A single MLS laser therapy session in some cases may only take 10-15 minutes. There’s no need for any downtime after the procedure, either, and we’re expediting our office procedures to make sure you don’t have to spend any more time at our office than absolutely necessary.
A few extra things to keep in mind:
First, we assure you that we’re closely monitoring and following all CDC guidelines and doing everything in our power to make your visit to our office as safe as possible. That includes limiting the number of people in the office, following social distancing rules, regularly disinfecting rooms and surfaces, wearing masks and gloves, and more.
Second, by choosing to come to us for your painful symptoms instead of an urgent care center or hospital emergency room, you help keep yourself even safer—and avoid further overburdening those facilities.
Third, as we mentioned, by dealing with your pain now, you prevent the situation from becoming more serious, more chronic, or both. A few short appointments in the short term can save you a lot of unnecessary pain and extra appointments in the long run.
Contact Us to Get the Care You Need Today
The worst thing to do about any foot or ankle issue is nothing. We are open, and we always encourage you to call us if you have any problems or concerns.
Not all painful issues necessarily require an in-person treatment! Sometimes we’ll be able to give you the advice you need over the phone. Other times, a telemedicine appointment may be the best choice.
But regardless of your situation, it’s better to talk with an expert and get the answers and recommendations you need as early as possible, so you can make wise decisions regarding your future care.
To ask us a question or request an appointment, call our office in Ebensburg at (814) 472-2660, or contact us online. We appreciate the opportunity to serve your foot and ankle care needs!
© Premier Podiatry Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Web Design by CP Solutions. | Marketed by VMD Services.